Thursday, May 24, 2007

Alex's baby blanket

Alex's blanketPattern: No pattern, but lots of inspiration from the Log Cabin section of Mason Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters Guide.

Dates: March - April 2007
Yarn: Baby Bee: Little Britches from Hobby Lobby (85% Acrylic, 15% Polyamide) - about 3 skeins.
Color: child's play (#4101).
Needles:
Clover size 10 bamboo flex.
Finished size: Yeah, probably about 30" x 30". Another one to ask about.
Modifications: Instead of changing colors to work the strips, I chose to use one color. Mostly I was trying to avoid ends to weave in but I ended up really liking the finished effect.
Lessons learned: I'm still not sure if I picked up the stitches correctly because I got a definite ridge on the reverse side of the blanket. When I googled looking for pictures of what other people have made, I discovered that people don't usually photograph the back of their projects! I found one example at january one and became even more convinced that mine is "wrong" (although it looks kinda cool).
Comments: This was another good mindless knitting project.

More photos!

No comments: