Friday, May 25, 2007

Abby's first knitting loom project

Some of you may have already seen this, but I was pretty proud of Abby so I'm including it here. She has since done two more which I expect to photograph next week. She plans to send one to the hospital where she was born. I have also made two that will travel along.
Pattern: No pattern, just the basic hat instructions that came with the loom. She used the basic e-wrap for a few rows, folded up the brim, continued on until it was long enough, and got help from me closing the top draw-string style.
Dates: December 15, 2006
Yarn:
Bernat Baby Coordinates (75.2% Acrylic, 22.2% Rayon, 2.6% Nylon).
Color: Baby Pink (01008) (Chosen by Abby because its pink and slightly shiny!)
Loom:
Blue Knifty Knitter by Provocraft.
Finished size: Fits her favorite baby. I suspect it would be about preemie sized.
Modifications: none
Comments: The yarn was obviously too thin for the gauge of this loom. There should have been two strands, if not three, in order to eliminate the "laddering" seen in the photo. The as-yet-unphotographed hats were made with a heavier yarn and look much better.

No comments: