Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ARGOSY!!!!

I can't believe I left the world of archaeology only to turn around and do a project named after the biggest project ever. Even more unbelievable is the fact that this dishcloth was done as a test piece for a scarf I've currently got on the needles.

Pattern:
Argosy Dishcloth by Vyvyan Neel
Dates: June 2007
Yarn:
Lily: Sugar’n Cream
Color: Pink Lilac (00159) (no longer available)
Needles: Aluminum size 8 or 9
Finished size: 17.5" X 12"
Modifications: Pattern followed exactly as written
Lessons learned: I learned how to do the knitted on cast-on method. This is also my first knitted project that was not a square or rectangle as a result of constant casting on and off.
Comments: In the
Knitter’s Almanac, Elizabeth Zimmerman suggested making swatches large enough to stitch up the sides and make a baby hat. My own version of this advice is to practice the pattern stitches on a washcloth to get a feel for the knitting if not the actual gauge. I’m currently working on the scarf version and will post it when its finished.

More photos!

No comments: